This Blog has moved!

This Blog now lives at http://www.sergeboucher.com/blog. Comments on this page are disabled and it is only kept because of my general aversion to broken links. Please update your feed readers to http://feeds.feedreader.com/SergesLilBlog

Sunday, March 4, 2007

Stop levelling and start living!

According to an article in The Age, many psychologists now agree that online games can lead to clinical addictions and other conditions classified as "mental health problems".

Reading this quote from a poster on the WoW_Widow mailing-list, (I ripped of their slogan for the title of this post), I think I agree:

"My husband is addicted to WoW [World of Warcraft]. Our one-year anniversary is coming up in three weeks and he doesn't want to go anywhere for it because he won't get to play. I feel so neglected and he even turns me down for sex because he'd rather play the game ... I feel more like the mother of a 13-year-old boy than the wife of a 27-year-old man."


Of course, this somewhat-new phenomenon has lead enterprising individuals to seek new business opportunities, and that's alright, but... I wonder... who's going to buy this... and for whom ?

No comments: